Painting Mason jars is an easy craft for a rainy (or snowy) day and requires a short list of materials:
- Spray paint (easier) or acrylic paint and a brush
- Mason jar(s)
- Newspaper for setting jars on to paint and dry
The steps to creating these fun decorations are equally simple:
- Set out newspaper on a flat surface.
- Set the jar upside down on the paper and spray (or brush) paint in a single, even coat. Let dry for about 5 minutes.
- Add at least one or two more coats until paint looks solid and even and is the shade of your liking.
- Let dry over night (or at least 8 hours) and then you can be creative with its use! I use mine as bookends, pen holders, and flowerpots. They also make great gifts when used as a flowerpot, to hold a back-to-school survival kit stuffed with pens, pencils, and bookmarks, or as a pretty jar.